Monday, February 11, 2008

On the Wheels


Porsch GT-3
Originally uploaded by r3oodi

Wajeha Al-Huwaider is Saudi Writer and Women’s Rights Activist had recently wrote an article titled " Help Women in Saudia Arabia to Buy Your Cars", it really made me think about how lucky we women in Oman. Oman is one of the neighboring country to Saudi Arabia, it takes a border line two women separated between this border line. One opens her eyes to life and find her mother and other women are driving and anther one, she opens her eyes to learn that driving is not allowed or forbidden. I recall my trip to Saudi Arabia when I was a teenager with my brother and elder sister, we were driving to Saudi Arabia before reaching the border my sister who was driving had to switch driving seats with my brother. I had this urging question why was driving forbidden in Saudi Arabia, in past before cars, during the prophet's time women rid horses and camels. I kept wondering what was so different.

I'm waiting for our sisters in Saudi Arabia seeing them on the wheels with their cars. Hope it will be soon, it will also open us doors to cross KSA by driving. Looking forward to cross Saudi Arabic driving one day…

Please join in the campaign to see our Saudi Sisters getting on the wheel…(Read the article in here)

http://www.aafaq.org/english/aafaq_today.aspx?id_news=135


2 comments:

Linda Jones Malonson said...

Call me uninformed, Nasra .. but I wasn't aware that women could not drive in Saudi Arabia. But I am not surprise, it seems all over the world women are abused by men -- the ones we give birth to. Something need to change, but where do you begin?

iamnasra said...

Yes its true women in Saudi are not allowed to drive and if cought on wheel you get punished as I heard ..