Saturday, January 26, 2008

~She is who she is~

So he asked who is she. She stood there to inhale, with deep breath she plunged into thinking, the words repeated to her in self form “Who am I?” Lightening of thoughts by passed her, but were too fast for her to snatch the answer, and within self walls fear started to crawl in but insisted that she knows the answer of this simple question. As everyone has to know who are they, its impossible not to know. So the question repeated her self to her, she pulled the only rope that she had in her, is being spontaneous and her voice came out not offering an answer to the question but is to convince her self that she is the person is what she is about to describe “I’m a woman, who never enjoyed her womanhood, a soul that still searches her perfect body form, I’m a sensation that lost her tip of senses, I’m emptiness that awaits for fulfillment, I’m a tear - yet too weak to engrave her path, I’m human wanting God’s acceptance, I’m a female scribbled with many emotions, I’m a body cursed in curves, I’m hunger aching for a quench, I’m all ruins but wanting to parade my wall, I’m a child who wants to stand in shoes of a man and I’m poetry waiting to be all written” As she ended pronouncing of what she is, finally she had freed her chains of trouble. She stood in bold face staring at him, yet it was piercing into him, so he can understand, that she is a woman, who has been trapped in claws of lion, but too proud to show her defeat. She has no ground to fall, so she chooses to stand despite her trembling knees.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great poignant writing!! love it!!!

Linda Jones Malonson said...

I think I have read this before Nasra. But it's always good to read again.

iamnasra said...

Yes you are right Amias .. I wrote in 2007 but it perfect for this blog I suppose

Vincent said...

And what you have written transcends gender and race. Or at any rate it applies to me, could apply to me at any age. Without undermining the specifity of the situation you have painted in words.